Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Sales Operations
at Avalara, Inc.
The Vice President of Sales Operations leads the Sales Operations Team and is responsible for managing the functions essential to sales productivity and effectiveness within the North America Region. These include leading initiatives for business planning, reporting, data and territory management, sales process optimization, sales learning, and sales programs.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and reports to the Senior Vice President Sales, and counsel other Senior Executives and their leadership teams in implementing sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring efficient sales process with focus on continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for implementing and leading the Sales Learning & Development strategy cross both new and existing sales teams. Establish a sales training plan. Oversees the delivery of field training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Provides guidance for prioritizing investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the SVP Sales to understand sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to support technology platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring the optimal deployment of sales personnel and territory optimization. Makes recommendations to senior sales leadership for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures appropriate sales reports and data analytics is provided to the sales leaders. Develops tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to execute efficient and accurate sales reporting initiatives.
- Responsibility for sales policy administration. Establishes program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to uphold and interpret rules, policies, and procedures as needed.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- BS/BS degree with a preference in Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum of 10 years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Experience working in sales operations is preferred.
- Strong executive management, presentation, and business planning skills.
- Strong sales process acumen experience.
- Strong technical skills in Excel, PowerPoint, SaleForce CRM, Tablaue, PowerBI and other tools.
- Demonstrated effective communication, teaming, and conflict resolutions skills.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.