Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service and Sales Manager (Seattle, WA)
at Auto-Chlor System
Seeking a hard working and fun individual to help the momentum of our culture continue to develop. The Service and Sales Manager supervises, trains and assists Service and Sales Representatives to maximize their performance in the areas of customer service companion product sales, accounts receivable, equipment maintenance, safety and customer personnel training in conjunction with company standards and branch goals. Assists the Branch Manager in other functions as deemed necessary and appropriate. In return, we provide an engaging workplace with continuous learning and training for all team members.
As a Service and Sales Manager:
- Assure that service and sales stops are run on their regularly scheduled day (except for holidays). Advises the Branch Manager daily of accounts passed and plans to service those accounts. Seeks to maximize service and sales efficiency
- Maintains a thorough preventative maintenance schedule on each machine including all items on the customer service report. Review service call records by route to determine trends and areas where additional training is needed. Maintain appearance of equipment including labels, operating instructions and general appearance
- Maintain adequate levels for both machine and companion products to prevent run-out while avoiding unnecessary excess inventory. Monitor proper usage of product per cycle to insure good warewashing results and sanitation
- Through training, leadership and personal contact, maintain strong relationships with each customer so that trust and respect are developed and maintained. Assure that Service and Sales Representatives are reviewing the Customer Service Report with each customer. Train employees to take advantage of opportunities to do something "extra" for customers when possible
- Work the "on-call" schedule for customer services calls on evenings and weekends in accordance with Branch rotating schedule
- Train and equip Service and Sales Representatives to repair and install chemical dispensors and minor plumbing.
- Provide strong leadership and training in the promotion of companion product sales. Maintain a high level of achievement among the Service and Sales personnel in this area. Set goals, track results by route
- Seek for opportunity to expand Auto-Chlor’s presence in the marketplace by passing on any information to salespersons which may result in new accounts or expanded service to existing accounts
- Assist the Branch Manager in hiring, reviewing and disciplinary action. Prepare performance reviews in accordance with Company policy. Coordinate and perform the training of all Service and Sales personnel. Provide for cross training of all Service and Sales personnel. Provide for cross training of other staff members for possible promotion to a Service and Sales position as well as assuring back up to Service and Sales personnel for vacation and sick relief
- Plan, coordinate and perform ongoing training for all Service and Sales personnel so that Auto-Chlor Sales and Customer service continues to improve. Assure that Service and Sales personnel are able to trouble-shoot, repair and service customer owned equipment and chemical dispensing so that our business in the product dispensing area can grow
- Maintain free and open daily communication with all Service and Sales personnel. Deal directly with any job related problems and assist in their resolution. Give due recognition to employees who are contributing to our growth and administer fair and just corrective action where performance is below established company standards
- Continually emphasize the high value that we place on customer service and customer loyalty in daily communication and by daily example. Inform Service and Sales personnel of company and branch plans and direction
- Ride with each Service and Sales representative on a planned and scheduled basis each period to maintain contact with both the Service and Sales person and our customers
- Maintain high standards of employee dress and appearance as well as vehicle cleanliness and organization
- Assure that proper equipment and account records (route cards) are properly maintained and completed on each route stop
- Assure that invoices are checked for completion and proper pricing
- Assist Service and Sales personnel and the Accounts Receivable Manager assuring proper and timely payment schedules for all customers. Participate in and support "two charge" meetings
- Assure that new contracts are secured for all ownership changes
- Continually emphasize safety in vehicle operations and product and equipment handling so that employees and customers are, to the best of our ability, protected from injury. Assure that driving laws including D.O.T. regulations are followed
- Manage a route or partial route as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Lead from the front and set a good example. Use hiring, training, and communication to build a positive and "people first" culture at Auto-Chlor System everyday.
Successful Service and Sales Managers:
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others
- Ability to lead and direct teams to achieve objectives and follow established best practices
- Strong work ethic
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Drive to be the best and the desire to never stop learning and improving
- Great organizational skills
- Being a team player
- Possess the following attributes:
- Self discipline
- High energy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly competitive
- Humbly aggressive
- Positive Attitude
- Detail oriented
- A fun and friendly, team oriented work environment
- Full benefits after 30 days
- Rewards & Recognition
- Company paid events
- Very generous profit sharing program for all team members
- Employee savings plan
There is an abundance of opportunities to grow and move up in this company. Business is booming across the nation because of our talented people who are committed to each other, high quality service and to growth.
Auto-Chlor System is a 100% drug free work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, it’s a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service ("HQS"), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Let’s have some fun together!