Atlantic Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Services Representative I
at Atlantic Health System
- Position Type
- Per Diem
- 14805000- Food Services
- Hackettstown Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center, a member of Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Per Diem Food Service Rep. Required hours are 11am- 7pm, including every other weekend.
- Displays and maintains friendly and efficient PRIDE values attitude toward customers, co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Maintains standards of the Food Service Department, follows policies and procedures set by the department, hospital and Atlantic Health System, the New Jersey Department of Health and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Sets up assigned station in work area. Maintains neat work environment.
- May perform the following tasks as required: Brews coffee, fills beverage area, sets up hot and/or cold food areas, salad bar area, Deli/cold Cuts, and food preparation. Stocks and dismantles condiment area and replenishes paper and china supplies.
- Maintains merchandising in service areas. Periodically inspects for neatness and cleanliness and takes corrective action as needed.
- Prepares, portions, assembles and labels patient/resident and non-patient/resident food items.
- Works all stations on patient tray line.
- Checks for appropriate food items prior to start of meal for assigned station. Notifies supervisor of any missing items or problems
- Performs side work such as preparing specials, setting up stations, wrapping silverware.
- Works in dish room, scraping trays, loading and unloading dish machine and sorting silverware, if required.
- Cleans tables, counters and various types of kitchen equipment and sweeps and mops floors. Completes all sanitation assignments in accordance with Department and all regulatory agency standards
- Has been trained and has knowledge of all chemicals used in the department, their uses, potential hazards, what Material Safety Data Sheets are and where they are stored
- Assists with catered events, if required.
- Removes trash from department and transports to disposal area
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with department, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Performs all other related duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Able to lift, push, pull 25 lbs.
Atlantic Health System has created a Trusted Network of Caring™, delivering the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost. We aim to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.