Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Account Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Commercial Lines
Job Title: Commercial Lines Business Development Account Manager
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports To: Director of Property & Casualty
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: Account Manager
Summary: Position requires a dynamic personality with the ability to manage the day to day responsibilities of middle market P&C Accounts and the drive to develop new business opportunities through existing employee benefits accounts. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical product knowledge, outstanding customer service skills and a desire to sell.
- Manages an assigned book of business and builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients
- Markets all types of commercial lines new business and renewals
- Develops and Maintains Marketing relationships with Carriers and Wholesalers
- Leads the Day to Day client support
- Prepares new business and renewal client / carrier marketing submissions and agency / client presentations
- Initial contact for commercial claims and support where necessary
- Manages and grows new business opportunities from company pipeline of cross sale opportunities from existing employee benefits accounts
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College degree preferred and at least 5 years of prior experience in Property & Casualty.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Property & Casualty Agent/Producer License required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Agency Management Systems (EPIC preferred)
- Self motivated with strong oral and written skills
- High Attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently, be well organized, and desire to meet team goals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.