Arizona Science Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Guest Experience Adviser, Part Time
at Arizona Science Center
At Arizona Science Center, we take pride in providing the perfect mix of FUN and EDUCATION to our guests of all ages! It is scientifically proven that when you mix a large amount of GREAT SERVICE with the perfect number of GREAT PEOPLE, the expectations of our guests will certainly be EXCEEDED! Are you energetic? Do you have a passion for exceeding the expectations of others? Can you successfully produce only the best guest service Phoenix has to offer? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you don’t need a rocket scientist to prove you may be the perfect fit for our exceptional team!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all Employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Background check and drug test required.
The Guest Experience Adviser (GEA) is the primary and initial interface of the Science Center and our visitors. The GEA provides exceptional customer service to our visitors and handles all admissions transactions. The ideal candidate is driven to provide, from start to finish, a great guest experience while working as a team to ensure our visitors are offered the best experience with offerings customized to suit their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate an outgoing and friendly demeanor at all times to guests of all ages.
- Success working as part of a team.
- Utilize all relevant sales techniques and tools at our Admissions Zone to drive profitable growth.
- Knowledge of all levels of membership the Science Center has to offer with benefits.
- To be certain we are offering our guests all that ASC has to offer, the GEA must be familiar with and be able to enthusiastically explain all current attractions, including and not limited to:
Current 5-story screen movies, planetarium shows, traveling exhibitions, daily demonstrations, Center-wide, and all other Center galleries and offerings.
- Must be accurate and prompt in handling financial admission transactions which include cash, check, and credit card processing.
- Respond to guest needs immediately.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule which may include, both weekday and weekend shifts is required.
- Be flexible with scheduling during shift and be able to perform duties of group greeter, Information desk, Membership Zone, Sky Cycle, Concessions, ticket taker, bus crew, and events staff.
- When necessary, escalate issues through the appropriate channels to ensure a prompt and satisfactory resolution to the guest and the Science Center.
- Follow and improve upon customized steps of a sale. GEA must be comfortable with creating their own sales pitch to guests.
- Consistently work to an overall sales goal as directed by supervisor.
- Perform all other tasks as directed by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to hold, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skill / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Minimum one year excellent guest service and one year cash handling, or equivalent combination of education and experience..
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com using subject line Last Name, First Name, GEA. No phone calls, please.