Arizona Science Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Sales Associate
at Arizona Science Center
Are you highly persuasive and passionate about exceeding the expectations of others? Do you enjoy making sales and meeting goals? Do you want to leverage your customer service skills to make a difference in the community? The Group Sales Associate is responsible for helping to deliver the group sales plan for Arizona Science Center, including school field trips, corporate and community groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Together with the Group Sales Manager, responsible for delivering the monthly and annual group sales plan, including school field trips, corporate and community groups. Accustomed to generated leads and nurturing them via persistent follow up.
- Uses strong command of the Science Center’s attractions, including a planetarium, giant screen theater, traveling exhibition and SkyCycle, to maximize revenue per visit.
- Delivers exceptional customer service in person and via phone throughout the sales process from initial contact to order confirmation through visit.
- Serves as a key point person for field trips and other group visits, from arrival to departure. Welcomes buses, processes tickets and secures feedback post-visit.
- Provide sales-focus customer service via the telephone to secure sales and reservations in the areas of paid and free school groups, adult groups, and fee-based educational programs.
- Arranges payments and sends confirmations with appropriate materials or information to group or educational program participants.
- Coordinates scheduling with all affected departments and relays information to collaborating concessionaires.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information in database for mailings and targeted marketing efforts for both groups and members.
- Coordinates scheduling with all affected departments and relays information cross-departmentally.
- Masters our Tessitura ticketing system and uses it to efficiently book new groups.
- Meticulous with follow up communications. Write clearly and persuasively.
- Invoices groups in a timely basis and enters payments.
- Schedules and processes payments for camps, science on wheels and other educational programs.
- Emails approval correspondence to awarded Fund-A-Bus recipients.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE A minimum of two years related experience and/or training.