Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Credit Collector | Riverview, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Our client, a maintenance provider for electric motors, generators, transformers, pumps, drives, metal-clad switchgear, metal-enclosed switchgear, and all rotating apparatus with product lines and services as diverse as the customers and industries that utilize them is currently looking for a Commercial Credit Collector to join their growing team. Since 1921, they have been the premier Sales, Service, and Predictive Maintenance provider on a national basis.
- Contact customers with delinquent accounts, initiate appropriate action and maintain reports.
- Open new customer accounts and establish credit limits.
- Review status of all credit accounts and initiate collection action by contacting each account according to due date.
- Notify customers of delinquent accounts according to due dates.
- Prepare correspondence on delinquent accounts requiring special handling.
- Review accounts daily and reports to the Corporate Credit Manager on any accounts that require special contact.
- Research disputed delinquent account balances. Correct any errors, including misapplied payments and over-payment.
- Negotiate settlements on delinquent accounts.
- Review accounts to be recommended for charge-off and email recommendations to Credit Manager and Assistant Credit Manager.
- Participate in the weekly staff meeting and report status on delinquent accounts assigned.
- Upon request, provide special report reflecting current status of customer accounts for monthly distribution to senior staff and officers of the company.
- Maintain an appropriate number of A/R calls on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or Associates Degree in business or equivalent and three years or more experience in credit collection work or equivalent combination of education and experience desired
- Has a working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and other pertinent state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
- Must be able to analyze and problem-solve issues
- Good communication skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Applicants will work in the Riverview, FL area (25 mile radius)
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided