The Business Development Manager works within an assigned territory to develop new and potential commercial and industrial accounts in need of facility services: Janitorial, Facilities Engineering, and Parking Management. The Business Development Manager secures meetings with owners of 50,000+ sq. ft. facilities and consults on the advantages of services offered by ABM Industries. In addition to janitorial, engineering, and parking management, the Business Development Manager cross-sells other services like HVAC, lighting, electrical, turf & landscaping, critical mission, and more. After evaluating the client’s needs, it’s time to create an effective proposal with expert pricing and attention to details. The Business Development Manager then creates and presents a tailored and dynamic sales presentation featuring single and bundled solutions. All along you will partner with an experienced team of operators you can trust 100% to fulfill your client’s needs with superior results. You will own the strategic selling process, resolve client issues and concerns, and maintain strong client relationships.
• Develop and execute short and long-term sales plans, maintain present sales, attract and connect with new prospects, create proposals, respond to RFPs, and facilitate and close new business.
• Own the information base on prospective clients within the territory.
• Use ABM branded marketing materials to create detailed, customized, innovative, and lively proposals.
• Research a customer's existing facility solutions and programs and schedule a bid walk of the facility with the prospect.
• Include operations teams in strategic & financial planning and execution.
• Negotiate contracts, close the deal, and manage the transition to operations to ensure the proposal commitments are delivered.
• Position yourself within your territory as a leader in your field. Establish a diverse network of relationships that reflect the ABM Way. Include people of influence within our industry, key community partners, strategic partners, and prospective clients.
• Maintain database for the territory using SalesForce.
• Effectively manage the assigned budget.
• Support the company’s online and direct marketing campaigns.
• Monitor bid schedules and understand the competition in the marketplace fully.
• Assist in training in both formal and informal situations as needed.
• Develop a network of skilled and informed operators. Partner with them to ensure understanding of prospects, clients, and your sales territory.
• Assist the corporation with competitive intelligence.