Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser Developmental
at Advantage Solutions
- Primary Posting Location : City
- Primary Posting Location : State/Province
- Postal Code
- Primary Posting Location : Country
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Retail Sales Merchandising
Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser Developmental
At our company we grow People, Brands and Businesses! Our full time Retail Sales Merchandiser Development job may be a great step in your career. This specialized position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to mentor with our retail sales teams. By spending a select amount of time with our sales and business development leaders, you will receive a tremendous amount of experience in sales planning, merchandising, shopper marketing, and client relations.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people and earning competitive pay! Apply today!
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
What You’ll Do:
- Complete analytical analytical reviews of the work performed by the Retail Team.
- Build relationships with Company Leadership and with Clients at their headquarters.
- Increase brand representation/effectiveness by establishing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Increase sales volume through promotional activity by selling/building displays, understanding sales gap analysis, and performing resets.
- Increase promotional effectiveness through placement of appropriate POS material.
- Work on development by participating in webinars, self-tutorials, and reading preparing to move into leadership.
- Associate's Degree Preferred
- Strong knowledge and interest in business analysis and finding actionable opportunities through data mining
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to travel and willing to relocate for future promotional opportunities
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
A Retail Sales Merchandiser Development position is to gain exposure and learn all aspects of the retail business to develop into a leadership role. The RSMD works within the Advantage Degreed Associate Performance Team (ADAPT) program, which provides training, mentoring and leadership development while the associate works within an assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiarize with Clients and products at Retail
- Gain working knowledge of Customer relations by working with Customers and store personnel
- Achieve Client goals/objectives by effectively managing stores within assigned territory
- Increase brand representation/effectiveness through establishing and maintaining trade/Client relationships
- Gain working knowledge of Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain Client objectives by ensuring all authorized items are represented on the shelf and tagged accurately
- Ensure unsaleables/out-of-code product is removed following Customer/Client guidelines
- Increase sales volume through promotional activity by selling/building displays, creating themes to support holiday/special promo events, and perform resets
- Meet/exceed schematic standards by ensuring all items are in distribution and set to shelf standards
- Increase promotional effectiveness through placement of appropriate POS material
- Ensure all authorized items are tagged and in distribution according
- Maintain Retail Account Profile Card
- Ensure store call information/reporting is accurate/timely
- Check Voicemail a minimum of three times daily
- Maintain frequency coverage
- Work with Retail Supervisor, Retail Operations Manager and Director of Retail Operations to gain understanding of retail/other departments
- Work on development by participating in webinars, self-tutorials, and reading preparing to move into leadership
- Performance measures have been put in place to ensure each RSMD in ADAPT program performs at a high level and is continuing to progress towards future leadership
- RSMD’s will receive a formal Performance Contribution Assessment by management at a minimum of 6 month intervals
- Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to - As necessary
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree in Business related area or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business related area.
Flexible schedule; ability to travel
Willing to relocate
Valid driver’s license for state of residence
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.