Advancial Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Service Representative
at Advancial Federal Credit Union
- Full-Time Regular
Founded in 1937, Advancial is one of the oldest and largest credit unions in the country. We are an established and proactive full-service financial institution providing personal, convenient and advanced financial services to individuals and select group partners. Our mission is to create lasting value for our members through superior service, quality products, and innovative solutions.
At Advancial, we always strive to provide the best service and products to our members because we love what we do. We work together to build a culture that promotes a positive employee experience. We’ve been named a Best Company to Work for in Texas for nine consecutive years and a Best and Brightest Company to Work For nationally and locally because we’re serious about building fulfilling careers and not just day jobs.
We invite you to learn more about this position and what Advancial has to offer by completing our online application.
Advancial Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Advancial Federal Credit Union participates in the Electronic Employment Verification process. Please click here for more information.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please complete the form below. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please complete this form.
The individual in this position must be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and have the willingness to perform a variety of tasks for the accounting department. Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to assimilate best practices into daily routine. Works independently with a sense of urgency and has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects as needed. Follows detailed and standardized procedures trained verbally, in writing, or by way of hands on instruction.
- Processes tax levies, releases and withholdings per IRS instructions.
- Posts foreign collection credits. Maintains the foreign collection records for posting and archiving.
- Prepares monthly management GL reviews. Prepares and processes journal entries as needed and assigned to close the month.
- Processes member return deposits, loan payments, member share draft returns and exceptions, member in-clearings and exceptions and incoming and outgoing check adjustments within 24 hours of notice.
- Completes Daily Processing and balances. Reviews balance sheet accounts as assigned for accuracy and adherence to GAAP standards, researches and documents reconciling items and communicates outages found with responsible parties and ensures follow through to resolve.
- Oversee the Month-End close process to ensure all closing items are completed according to established closing schedule provided.
- Performs new user set up for all accounting related systems with respect to tellers and new accounting department staff.
- Serves as backup to all Accounting desks (AP,AR, and Wires) as well as generating employee expense reports.
- Performs daily check reconciliation for and works exceptions in a timely manner, and troubleshoots and resolves system or file issues as related to the processing and reconciling of bill payer checks.
- Attendance is required the last two days of each month and first three work days of the following month to ensure team coverage.
Associates Degree with 6 hours of accounting coursework; or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Maintains an understanding and competency with respect to software and other systems required to perform the duties of the position including ImagePoint, OpenClose, Symitar, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft GP, Word, Excel, Access, etc.