Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Care Representative
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
The Customer Care Technician reports to the Customer Care Supervisor, and provides excellent customer service for the public by performing duties including, but not limited to, adoptions, reclaims, and safe animal intakes. Responsible for answering incoming calls in a friendly manner regarding lost animals, animal control shelter services, adoptable pets, and animal shelter operations. Performs a range of clerical duties and administrative functions, including cash handling and utilizing shelter software (Chameleon) to enter and retrieve data. The ideal candidate for this position is a positive minded, team player with strong interpersonal and office skills, as well animal-related experience. Candidates seeking opportunities to further develop knowledge and experience in animal welfare are also ideal for this position.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provide excellent customer service and assist the public regarding animal shelter operations.
- Greet and assist all patrons entering the lobby.
- Receive animals from the public and gather pertinent information to facilitate appropriate placement.
- Listen to patrons and provide information about adoptions, reclaims, relinquishments, and animal welfare.
- Complete adoption agreements, microchip registration, licensing. Provide and discuss medical and behavior history with adopters.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a professional, prompt and courteous manner, and provide accurate information to the public,
- Responsible for knowing which animals are available for adoption and helping interpreting evaluation/assessments of shelter pets to facilitate best match of patron and animal.
- Accurately input and retrieve data from Shelter operating software.
- Accurately balance and reconcile daily revenues.
- Work cooperatively with other shelters and rescue organizations.
- Model and adhere to best practices for the appropriate, safe, and humane care and handling of all animals.
- Represent Adams County Animal Shelter in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- One (1) year of experience working in an administrative and/or customer service capacity
- At least six (6) months of professional work, or verifiable volunteer experience, in an animal welfare organization such as a shelter, veterinary clinic, or other professional facility housing animals required.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Other: Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Work Environment:
- Work is performed throughout shelter and internal office settings.
- Exposure to high noise levels, zoonotic diseases, potentially fearful/fractious animals and/or animal bites/scratches.
- Exposure to cleaning agents.
- Work can be emotionally taxing.
- Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent computer use.
- Potential for standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regular animal handling and restraint.
- Ability to drive a car or other type of large service vehicle preferred.
- Work Schedule: Available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Work Location: Animal Shelter & Adoption Center, 10705 Fulton, Brighton, CO 80601.
- Work Environment: