ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Support Specialist
at ABM Industries Inc
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for the development and timely completion of proposals, presentations and sales materials in support of ABM’s overall sales objectives for the ABM Technical Solutions Group. Responsibilities related to supporting sales proposals include: data gathering, verification, research and entry into the appropriate databases and creating documents that meet company style guide standards. This role will be responsible for ensuring sales tools and resources are communicated, sales support processes are followed, and ensuring consistency of brand positioning and messaging in all sales materials.
RFP Development & Coordination:
- Develop, coordinate, outline, schedule and submit all proposals within prescribed timeline.
- Coordinate and communicate proposal efforts with sales, marketing, technical, legal, operations, contractors, subcontractors, and accounting resources to ensure all timelines are met.
- Ensure quality control and branding standards throughout the proposal process under tight deadlines.
Presentation Development & Coordination:
- Able to summarize sales concepts into graphics efficiently within ABM Brand Standard Guidelines and presentation deadlines.
- Format and refresh current graphic library while managing concurrent Sales Support deadlines.
- Able to brainstorm with Technical Solutions Leadership and Graphic Design team to create best-in-class presentation material to build current graphic library within prescribed timelines.
- Process inbound numerous RFP, RFI, and RFQ requests and analyze to determine specific customer requirements.
- Execute proposal/presentation services within production timeline, exhibiting exceptional branding, formatting and grammatical quality.
- Maintain department production reports, inventory and schedules.
- Maintain content database of proposal Q&A's specific to Technical Solutions and provide information from the database to Sales/Marketing personnel as requested.
- Monitor proposals for accurate content and timely completion and shipping.
- Create proposals, presentations, and sales collateral using relevant business software; ensure content is consistent with ABM Brand Standards.
- Conduct action-plan and kick off calls with Sales Team and Leaders for qualified sales opportunities, assigning roles and responsibilities to RFP/Proposal tasks, and follow-up in timely communication to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conduct follow-up with sales to determine final status of business development opportunities.
- Apply technical writing skills to customize proposals to service line and industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or English Writing, and 1-2 years of equivalent Proposal Coordination experience.
- Exceptional proof-reading, writing and communication skills - technical writing when applicable.
- Exhibits transparent and professional communication, collaborates well with others, and has a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented and organized productive worker capable of independent work ethic and managing deadlines.
- Resourceful, independent and creative thinking and comprehension exhibited in all aspects of work assignments.
- Ability to understand a client’s business, technology and process needs, and translate into actionable, industry-leading service solutions.
- Understanding of the various methods a client opportunity may be delivered and can anticipate what will work best for a given client.
- Ability to combine technical expertise with business acumen to provide vital, detailed information about how an ABM solution can deliver business value to its clients.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and work with senior managers and executives.
- Preferred experience in sales proposal production, communications, contractual knowledge and managing multiple projects.
- Must have exceptional skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and creating, editing and optimizing .PDF documents.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is highly desirable.
- Prior exerience with Qvidian (or other database content management application) is highly desirable.
- Experience with managing documents in SharePoint and/or other online portal shared file sites is highly desirable.
- APMP Foundations Certification is highly desirable.
- Experience with CRM tool such as Salesforce.com is preferred.