ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Sales Associate - Full-Time- Newberry Rd.- Gainesville, FL
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Would you like to work for a growing, successful Florida-based retail company where people come first, and employees are promoted from within? As an employer of choice, you can count on us to provide development opportunities and a great team member experience.
At ABC, you will learn about the growing world of wine, spirits, beer and fine cigars, while being part of an integral team where your customer service, merchandising, and leadership skills are valued.
Retail Sales Associate
Our Retail Sales Associates have the pleasure of working with our guests and ensuring they have a memorable experience, encouraging product sales and repeat business. Sales Associates are also responsible for ensuring our stores are organized, sparkly and well-stocked so that guests enjoy every visit.
- Greet every guest as they enter the store and provide friendly, prompt, fun, and courteous service
- Operate a Point-of-Sale terminal to process guest transactions, with accurate cash handling, other tender acceptance, and applying coupons or discounts in accordance with company procedures
- Learn basic information on wine, spirits, beer and cigars and to acquire knowledge of our Sourced & Certified Products; how to promote and sell them and contribute to company and store sales goals
- Maintain Responsible Vendor status throughout your employment, for alcohol & tobacco purchases while operating POS, wine taps, growler station or tasting tables by checking proper forms of identification for age verification
- Assist in daily maintenance of property cleanliness; including pick-up or sweeping of debris inside and outside, emptying trash receptacles, collecting shopping carts from parking lot, and cleaning restrooms
- Provide wrapping service for ABC products and assemble custom gift baskets, and provide carry-out service when needed
- Unload and put away weekly truck deliveries. Merchandise and display product on store shelves and beer coolers in accordance with Operational Guidelines, restocking with product from the stockrooms as needed
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned by store management team
- Candidates should be 21 years of age or older
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night and weekends, especially during holidays
- There are no prior experience requirements to apply for this position; retail or industry experience is a plus.
- Candidates should be able to stand on their feet for up to 8 hours while moving around the store, and be able to lift up to 35 pounds for merchandise stocking, with or without accommodation.
* Full position description provided upon request during the interview process.
Our Mission is: “We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve.”
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
Qualifying full-time team members will receive outstanding benefits with your compensation, which include:
- PAID VACATION AND PTO
- INCENTIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAM
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
- EXCELLENT HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL FAMILY
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
- WELLNESS COACHING WITH NUTRITIONAL EXPERT, DR. CATE
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
Complete your online application today at www.abcfws.com/careers. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a successful ABC career!
Equal Employment Opportunity
ABC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law (“protected status”).
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.